Here at IWISB, we are huge fans of Game of Thrones. We love the action, the romance and the intriguing story line that keeps you on the edge of your seat. One of the best parts of the Game of Thrones frenzy is that everyone loves it and it's easy to have an awesome night in with friends watching the next awesome show.
Since we are always hanging around in Pinterest, we've been seeing a lot of Game of Throne pins flying around. We've put together our own Game of Throne board, which you should check out.
Based on our experience over Pinterest, we decided to put together a quick post about the top 5 best Game of Throne party ideas. Use these to create your next GoT party and to help sooth the pain of another favorite character being killed off.1. Game of Throne Drinking Game. Game of Thrones is certainly a show that keeps you at the edge of your seat, but it certainly has some predictable characters and dialogue. Why not add a fun twist to favorite catch phrases and character mannerisms with a drinking game. The rules are that you take 1, 2, 3 sips or down your whole drink every time a specific event happens in the show. A few examples:
- One sip = Anyone says, "Winter is Here"
- Two sips = Daenerys says, "I was born to..."
- Three sips = You see a boob onscreen
- Finish your drink = Someone gets a body part severed
Check out the complete list here. As you can see, a party goer can get pretty drunk pretty fast, depending on the show. With this season shaping up to showcase the best of all of the characters and the best battle scenes, be sure to bring enough drinks if you hold this party next.
2. Game of Thrones Dress-Up Party. One of the best parts of the show must be the amazing effort put into the costumes and the hair. Every character has their own distinct style, so it's easy to pick your favorite and embody them during your next party. Why not come as Daenerys Stormborn, Mother of Dragons by donning her fabulous hair and jewelry.
Or why not celebrate your superior diplomatic skills by dressing up as the Hand of the King, only complete with a Hand of the King brooch.
If you don't really want to go through the trouble of putting together a medieval outfit, you can just get some GoT inspired pieces of clothing.
3. Serve Game of Thrones goodies. A Game of Thrones party wouldn't be complete without a great GoT inspired menu. And since you aren't going to break the sacred bond created by salt and bread, your guests will have nothing to fear when presented with a kingly GoT feast. Here are our favorite GoT inspired foods:
The Boar that Killed King Robert
There you have it, the best 3 Game of Throne party ideas. If you are reading at the end of this post, it means that you are huge Game of Thrones super-fan. Good for you! It's an awesomely produced show, a very rich and interesting story and a addictive characters. Enjoy the rest of the season!